Yesterday I was due to make a Skype call with a friend in Denmark at 1530 CET. I needed to double-check I’d got the right time scheduled so I did a little research.
It turns out that if you want to know the time in, say, Copenhagen you can simply type “time copenhagen” in to your search engine of choice and hey presto!
- Check the time now in Copenhagen using Google
- London time using the UK version of Ask (only Google appears to offer disambiguation between London UK, London Ontario and London Arkansas)
- Current time in New York using Yahoo!
On further investigation, all three search engines also show you current weather conditions (e.g. “weather Paris“) and links to forecasts:
- Check the current weather in Paris using Ask – this will also show the current time and news headlines for Paris in a side-dish
- Current weather in Rome using Yahoo!
- Current weather in Sydney using Google