Five things you might not know about me:
- I went to nine nurseries/schools including O Pequeno Principe (The Little Prince) nursery in Brazil and the Junior English School in Rome, Italy.
- At Southampton University I was the long-haired lead singer in a band called SINS (which stood for Suck It ’N See!). Our biggest gig was in front of 1500 people celebrating Chamberlain Hall’s 10th “Bar Birthday”
- Both my ears are pierced.
- In 1992 I was Office Angel of the Month while temping at South London Dial-a-ride. The office postcode was SW19 8UG – I told them the mnemonic was “Swig bug” and that’s how they remembered their postcode from then on. I don’t think it’s connected to the Angel award.
- I broke my nose doing the high jump. I was 15 years old and representing my school at an athletics meeting. I cleared the bar (1.58m) but had to pull out. My record was 1.78m which was also the school record for a short time. I also did 110 metre hurdles, javelin, 800 metres and 1500 metres.