Five email tics I’d love for you to lose
For the love of God, people; can we get the word out on these? Format courtesy of my other site.
1. The liberal use of the “VERY HIGH PRIORITY!!!” flag
2. The 18-line sig about all the Bad Things that will happen to me if I ever reveal the contents of your privileged, confidential (and unencrypted) message
3. The unrequested press release (and the serial ignoring of the “Unsubscribe” I sent you for the previous seven press releases)
4. The graphical background, font and table tags, and remaining 14k of HTML cruft associated with every. single. message. you’ve ever sent
5. The including of my — plus 98 other strangers’ — personal email addresses in the “To:” line of your friendly reminder about Tyler’s birthday party
Friend: I love you, but you must evolve.
To which I’d immediately add:
- FYI with no explanation why
- Really huge attachments where the content is just text
- Misuse of the CC line – do I need to read this or not?
And many many more…